Clergyman advises civil servants to shun corruption, serve humanity

By Bridget Ikyado
A clergyman, Pastor Adonri Osaretin has urged civil servants to shun all corrupt tendencies and work diligently in the service of humanity and the country.

Osaretin who is the pastor in charge of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Springforth zone, made the appeal in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Abuja.

The clergyman said that public servants had a share in the success or failure of any administration in the country, because of their role as the engine room of any government.

For the public servant, I think that they should know they have a great responsibility to themselves, generations yet unborn, and to this country.

The politicians, whether they fail or they succeed depends on how strong the civil service is.

So, before you look out to the politician, first of all you have to be sure of what you are contributing.

You have to make sure you are delivering the results you are supposed to deliver for the attainment of the collective goal.

I dont have any doubt that Nigeria is a great nation and Nigeria can be greater.

But, the speed with which well get to that level we want, depends on how much we all put to the development of Nigeria, Osaretin said.

The pastor, a retired civil servant, said for one to succeed, there must be focus, trust in God, consistency and diligence in the work people do at every level in life.

I have tried to be focused, I have tried as much as possible to make sure that what I do affect the lives of people, he said.

On the forthcoming general elections, Osaretin urged all eligible voters to obtain their voters card, in order to choose those who will lead them after the end of the present administration.

Get your PVCs, vote, dont stay in one corner and criticise, vote your conscience.

Look at the issues, look at the persons who can overcome those things delaying our development in Nigeria, he said. (NAN) (www.nannews.ng)

BTT/MZA/ORO

Source: NAN News