0_1570295389404_zombie.jpg
A Michigan-based professional dancer by the name of Jai Fears sparked a major scare on Monday, September 30, at Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak when she showed up wearing zombie makeup that was mistaken for a real injury. As Fox 2 Detroit reports, Fears was rushed to the hospital for a panic attack, which she experienced while having her makeup done for a Halloween marketing campaign with Glam Gore. However, when she arrived, the staff didn&apost initially realize she was wearing makeup, and instead, figured she had suffered a trauma to the face. Yes — her makeup looked that gory.

In fact, Fears told Fox 2 Detroit that it was actually the makeup that caused her to have a panic attack. "It literally just shot up to my brain and it just caused like a really bad reaction," she said. For further context, she added: "We were getting ready to do a photoshoot to do some marketing for Glam Gore for people who want to get their makeup done for the Halloween season." It was approximately three hours into having her makeup done when Fears started to feel anxious.

Her zombie makeup ended up so realistic that the hospital staff didn&apost recognize it was fake at first. "[They said] let&aposs get her back to trauma now and she&aposs probably going into shock, she&aposs not making any sense," Fears told the Detroit publication. She added that she didn&apost speak up about the makeup because she figured that they had to know. "I did not say anything because I just assumed they could see that it was fake," she explained.