Easter best season for sobber reflection  LG boss says
By Amen Gajira

As Nigerians celebrate Easter, Mr Peter Averik, Chairman of Jemaa Local Government in Kaduna State, has advised Christians to reflect on the nations challenges and seek Gods intervention.

Averik, while felicitating with Christians, restated the need for Nigerians to live in peace and always forgive one another.

The Chairman, in an Easter message on Sunday in Kafanchan, said that the Easter period provided an opportunity to reflect on the numerous challenges confronting the country and seek divine intervention.

This Easter has again afforded us opportunity to deeply reflect on our twin challenges of insecurity and poverty and honestly beg God for his mercy and healing.

I am happy that this years Easter has come at a time we are seriously working to entrench peace and harmonious coexistence among our diverse communities.

I hereby invite you all lovers of peace and progressive compatriots to join us in this work for peace, he added

He enjoined Christians to imbibe the lessons of love and sacrifice as exemplified by Jesus Christ, and demonstrate same in their lives.

Easter is a glorious climax of Jesus Christs redemption work in which mankind was saved through the death and resurrection of Christ after three days in the tomb.

We should, as people of faith, inculcate the useful lessons of the spiritual season which are love, prayers, forgiveness and charity, especially for the poor.

I pray that we all may be influenced with the grace of the Easter season to embrace one another in love, irrespective of our ethnic and religious differences, he added (NAN)

Source: NAN News