Let us work for unity of Benue  APC guber candidate appeals

By Bridget Ikyado

Rev. Hyacinth Alia, the 2023 governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Benue, has called on the people to work for the unity and the good of the state.

He made the appeal at his 32nd priestly anniversary and Thanksgivings Mass in Ihugh, Vandeikya Local Government Area of Benue on Sunday.

His media aide, Mr Isaac Uzaan, stated that the Thanksgiving service was put together by Ihugh Network for Fr. Alia at St. Winifred Catholic Church, Ihugh.

Alia expressed profound gratitude to God for the privilege to share in the priesthood of Jesus Christ at the service of the people of God for more than 32 years.

He appealed to Benue people to shun ethnicity and religious issues and come together to build a good Benue.

Alia said the sitting government had completely abandoned issues germane to the development of the state, leading to untoward hardships for the people.

He said he chose to enter into the political arena having noticed the poor condition of Benue people and the urgent need to change the unfavourable political situation in the state.

Contrary to speculations in some quarters that I have been stripped of my priesthood, I am a priest forever.

I have only taken a sabbatical from public ministration to salvage the political clime in the state, he said.

Rev. Alia promised to turn around the fortunes of the state for the good of the people and the nation at large.

Earlier in a sermon, Rev. Fr. Clement Mato, Parish Priest of the church advised Christians to remain resolute in their faith in the belief that God would rescue them in difficult situations.

He blamed politicians for the general hardship in Benue and called on the people to take advantage of their numerical strength to participate in politics.

The cleric prayed for Gods guidance and mercies upon Benue.

Prominent political bigwigs in Benue, support groups, the clergy and many faithful attended the thanksgiving. (NAN) (www.nannews.ng)

========

Edited by Alli Hakeem

Source: NAN News