Benue South Senate: Ojobo leads PDP Primary, thanks delegates, Mark
By Ifeanyi Nwoko

Frontline contestant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senatorial primaries for Benue South, Hon. Joseph Ojobo has appreciated the leadership of the party and the delegates, for their wonderful support during the senatorial convention.

Ojobo, a two-term member of the Benue House of Assembly, who was clearly in the lead ahead of former Minister of Interior, Comrade Abba Moro former Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Defence, Chief Mike Okibe Onoja, disclosed this while addressing newsmen in Benue.

He attributed his success at the poll to the grace of God upon his life and the love from his people.

The aspirant saluted the courage, dedication and resilience of the delegates who defied rainfall and other inconveniences to ensure he emerged, promising he would not let the people down.

Though the congress was declared inconclusive, as elections into 3, out of the 9 local government areas of the senatorial district had not been held, Ojobo who had won six local governments said he was optimistic he would clear the entire election.

I am very much on ground, I am a grassroots person, I have spent over 30 years of my life in Okpokwu, so I hold Okpokwu as much as I hold my local government of origin.

Otukpo local government area is like a municipal area which is populated with young people, these young people will always stand with one of their own.

My victory so far is absolutely an act of God and unflinching love from the people. The least I shall do is to work hard to justify the confidence reposed on me, he said.

Hon. Ojobo while expressing confidence in the electoral process, specifically thanked the immediate past President of the Senate, Senator David Mark, for playing an exceptional leadership role in the whole process.

He stressed that the neutrality and sincerity of heart in having a democratically elected successor is already in the public knowledge and commendable.

Source: NAN