0_1475018571918_Odigie-Oyegun declines comment on Tinubu.jpg
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun has refused to respond to allegations levelled against him by the National Leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu over Ondo State primaries. He may however, react after the Edo State governorship election.

Odigie-Oyegun said on phone yesterday that he has so much respect for Tinubu and should not be seen speaking against him. “I have to consult properly with other leaders of the party before we make any definite statement. Again, you know we have a crucial election here in Edo, which is my priority right now.

“We don’t want to lose focus and I know Asiwaju also wants us to win because we all have worked hard for this. So, may be after the election if there is need, I will speak. If there is no need, I will relax. But all I can say now is that most of the things said in the papers about me are not true. I have always believed in internal democracy, that the credibility of primaries must be taken seriously.

“I believe that if primaries of parties are not credible, it may derail any democracy, so I don’t play with these things at all. Everybody knows me and I don’t joke with my credibility and I have tried to maintain it. Like I said, Asiwaju is our leader and we all hold him in high esteem. So, I will never join issues with him.

“But may be after Edo elections, after we must have emerged victorious, we may speak on some of the issues raised. So, there is no problem at all. Edo is the focus for now and as you know this is my state, so it is a very serious election for us.”So, I want to be allowed to remain focused then after the election we can speak,” he stated.

Source: Guardian Nigeria