Court dissolves 11-year-old marriage over battery, threat to life

Court symbol

A Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan on Friday, dissolved the marriage between two school teachers, John Fawole and his wife, Mary, over battery and threat to life

Delivering judgment, Chief Ademola Odunade, who granted Marys application for the dissolution, the two avoid confrontation with each other in the future.

Mary, who lives in Kolapo Isola-Genral Gas area in Ibadan, filed for divorce on grounds of battery and threat to life.

The petitioner called her husband irresponsible and a monster

Fawole, who resides in Olunwola area in Ibadan, blamed his mother-in-law for he and his wifes many troubles with her alleged constant interferences in their marriage.

He gave his consent for the divorce.

Fawole also accused his mother-in-law of having a hand in the collapse of his marriage.

Rather than ensure that our relationship remained solid, her mother created disharmony in our home.

My wife and I had two children, but she killed them by taking them to a quack doctor who gave them fake drugs when they were sick.

I have been a good husband and father all along, but her mother is a devil incarnate who never allowed our marriage to work, he said.(NAN)

Source: NAN News