0_1583569663692_photo-of-child-praying-2927676.jpg

1 Kings 3 v 3 - 14

If you are brought before the Righteous Judge of the Earth, The Lord of Host, to ask of anything, what will you ask?

In the Bible passage above, 1 Kings 3 v 11; the Lord gave a typical example of the prayer patterns of the sons of men:-

• Long Life

• Riches

• Life of your enemies

If he gives you long life, your heart will start asking for Riches. If he grants you riches, you'll be asking for long life to enjoy those riches. If you perceive that some set of people dislike you for no reason or even for valid reason, you'll go to him and ask for the life of your enemies. But remember God created those people too.

So am asking, what will you ask God if presented a blank cheque like he did to Solomon in Gibeon? Remember Man's wants are insatiable.

Thanksgiving as a Prayer Request

Psalm 50 v 14a "Offer unto God Thanksgiving"

In John 11 v 41 at the tomb of Lazarus, Jesus Christ gave thanks.

In Mark 8 v 6 - 10, Jesus Christ gave thanks.

In Matthew 15 v 35 - 37, Jesus Christ gave thanks and they were filled.

In John 17 v 12 - 19, A cleansed leper gave thanks and he was made whole.

In 1 Thessalonians 5 v 18, In every thing give thanks; for this is the Will of God in Christ Jesus Concerning You.

And there we have it; "The Will of God in Christ Jesus Concerning me is Thanks Giving"

Why thanks giving in Christ Jesus? Because Jesus Christ said it is finished. John 19 v 30.

Were not meant to burden our heart with anything, for Jesus has finished everything on the Cross. Therefore the will of God in Christ Jesus for you and me is Thanksgiving. Beloved, with Thanksgiving, your all round breakthroughs is a surety. God xrays our lives anytime we filled with gratitude, and since he knows what's best for us, he handles everything.

Sometimes, our prayers are self centered, and when they go unanswered, we begin to question God's existence and ability. We become sore Christians and bitter. We become ungrateful and dwell in sorrow. We become unmotivated Christians and the love of Christ in us will wax cold.

Some people say they've been asking for something for 10 years or above, dearest beloved, turn that request to thanksgiving. Thank God for all he has done, for what he's currently doing and for those he'll still do, and i bet you, you'll start becoming the best Christian out of heaven. Your heart becomes lighter and The Holy Ghost will fill your hearts with the Love of God shed abroad. Romans 5 v 5.

Let your prayer requests become Thanksgivings and you'll see the wonder working God in action.

Prayer

• Father Lord, please grant me an Heart of Gratitude and Thanksgiving, Amen.

Bible Passage

• Psalm 73