Subject: Computer Education
Topic: The Computer System
Reference Material: Basic Computer Education for the New Generation 5
Previous Knowledge: Pupils are familiar with the typewriter.
Objective: At the end of the lesson, pupils should:
Define computer and state the components of a computer.
Computer is an electronic device. It has memory. It can accept data, it will store the data in its memory and print out the data through the printer.
Computer system is a combination of electronic parts, which has been programmed to process and store data. It carried out instructions as it has been instructed by the user.
When all the machine components listed below are put together, then they are called computer system.
- System Unit Central Processing Unit
- The Monitor Output device
- The Keyboard Input device
- The Mouse Output and Input device
- Coloured Printer Output device
- Black and white printer Output device
- Scanner Output device
- Digital Camera Input device
- Computer Speaker Output device
- Video Camera Input device
Step 1: Teacher revises the previous lesson with the pupils.
Step 2: Teacher introduces and explains the new topic to the pupils.
Step 3: Pupils are allowed to ask questions.
Step 4: Teacher writes notes under content on the board for pupils to copy.
- What is a Computer System?
- List five components of the computer and indicate whether it is an input or an output device.
Conclusion: Teacher moves round for inspection, marking and correction of notes where necessary.