Subject: English Comprehension
Topic: Responsible Citizen
Reference Material: Macmillan Primary English Course, 5
Previous Knowledge: Pupils are familiar with answering comprehension passage
Objective: At the end of the lesson, pupils should:
- Pronounces and spell the new words
- Form sentences with the new words
- Read and answer the questions from the comprehension passage
- Explain 2. Compound 3. Assembly
- Chance 5. Citizen 6. Museum
Form Sentences with the New Words
- I was on the assembly ground when the public holiday was declared
- My father praised my mother for preparing a delicious meal
- The policeman failed to listen to her explanation
- She is a good citizen of Nigeria.
- The cleaner sweeps the school compound every morning
Step 1: Teacher ask the pupils to pronounce (new words)from the previous lesson
Step 2: Teacher pronounces the new words in the new topic while the pupils repeats after the teacher
Step 3: Pupils look for the meaning of the new words in the dictionary and form sentences with them
Step 4: Pupils answers the comprehension questions
- When did they notice the girl was following them?
They noticed the girl was following them immediately they crossed the road.
- Why did Odion pick her up?
Odion picked her up because there was a lot of traffic
- Why didn’t they put her down?
They didn’t put her down because they were afraid she would follow them and yet run over on the buy road.
- Why didn’t Odion take her to his house?
Odion didn’t take her to his house because his father was away and his mother was at work.
- Where did they decide to take the child?
They decided to go to the Police Station
Conclusion: Teacher moves round for inspection, marking and correction of notes where necessary
Assignment: Macmillan Primary English Course, Book 5, Page 75, Ex 6, a – j.